Today I would help you with the list of tools to analyze your website for doing improvements instantly. Using the right tools for analyzing your website will make your work much more simpler. I have categorized the improvement areas for the website as HTML, CSS, Speed, SEO, Text & Image. Doing improvements on these categories may definitely help your website to achieve better rankings especially in search engines and ultimately reduces the loading time. Okay, lets see those tools that I found useful on each of these categories.
HTML Analyzer Tools.
The main source code of any web page is HTML which builds the skeleton of any website. You must improve the usage of HTML coding on your website and you should stick to the W3C standard (to the maximum extent). More important, your HTML code should be compatible with multiple browsers because you don’t know what kind of browser your visitor may use to view your web site.
The following tools may help you to analyze the HTML code of your web site.
- W3C Markup Validation Service – Tool from W3C which helps to validate your HTML code for w3c compatibility. It also helps you to identify the html specific errors on your page.
- W3C HTML Validation Tool – it takes the URL as input and gives you the report instantly. Also, it has the option to give an offline page as input.
- Anybrowser, tool to check the compatibility of your site on multiple browsers. Its shows you the screen shot on how your site appears on different browsers. A useful tool, right ?
CSS Analyzer Tools.
Cascaded style sheet helps you to make all kind of gimmicks to your website, highly optimizes & gives more flexibility for HTML programming. Programmers may definitely know this more. Reducing the size of CSS files & the number of CSS files are the most important factors in improving the CSS loading time. The following tools may help you to analyze the CSS code of your web site instantly.
- W3C CSS validation – Tool that analyzes the css source code of your page and checks for w3c compatibility and lists down the errors on your css files.
- CSS Validator for Firefox – A firefox plugin that helps you to quickly check the css files of the current viewing page. It simply integrates into your firebox browser.
Website Speed Analyzer Tools.
It was measured that a normal visitor may not wait for more than 10-15 seconds to load a web page. So your website/web page loading time should be less than that threshold limit. Improving the loading speed is one of the challenging task in web designing.
To instantly improve the loading speed you have to reduce the size of HTML files, CSS files, Image files on your website. Also, removing commented code on your web page will improve the file sizes drastically because generally we comment lot of code without deleting 🙂
- Website Speed Test – Tool that finds how fast your website loads, it helps to identify what kind of improvements are required on your website easily. You could analyze 10 website at the same time.
SEO Analyzer Tools.
SEO the major factor that decides the growth of your web site. You have to optimize every page of your website for right keywords and it should have useful content too. The following tools may help you to analyze your website towards the SEO parameters and helps you to optimize your pages for search engines.
- SEO Analysis Tool – A tool from seoworkers that works on your URL and lists down the results from top to bottom. It shows everything from keyword relevancy to density and much more features that you could check from their site.(my favorite too)
- SEO Link Analyzer Tool – Seochat’s tools that shows the internal structure & external links to your website. This is a must to try, link analyzer tool
- Metatag Analyzer Tool – Seocentro’s tool to analyze the meta tags and much more seo related parameters. It has the option to simulate search engine spiders for google, yahoo etc.
Text Analyzer Tools.
Textual content plays a major role because it decides the readability of the user & also makes your pages search engine friendly. Your should keep an eye on textual mistakes, sentence length, keywords density etc. on every page of your site. The following tools will help you to write better textual content and to analyze the texts before publishing on your site.
- TextAlyser (my favorite one), a tool that dids word count, density analysis, prominence analysis and much more.
- Online Text Analyser, a simple text analysis tool.
Image Optimization Tools.
- Image Optimizer which optimizes your gif, png & jpg files with a upload limit of 300K. You can also convert the image from one type to another type of image.
- Optipng tool, from sourceforge.net open source tool which hugely reduces the size of png images (my favorite) without losing the quality of the image. It is also available with the source code 😉 and with useful manuals.
I will try to add some more useful tools to this page and for sure these tools help you to instantly improve your website. Optimizing your website on all these categories will definitely makes your site to be more search engine friendly. 🙂
Now what kind of tools you are using to improve your site ?