A post is a type of content in WordPress. It is the “article” that you publish on your blog. Usually, posts are listed in chronological order with the latest post on the top. Readers can add comments to posts. As an administrator, you can either enable/disable comments for a post.
You can add media files (images, videos) links into a blog post. There are two modes to publish a post.
- The Text mode shows the code and HTML tags where you can format the post.
- The Visual mode shows the text (actual content of the post) and you can format as-is.
You can select the category and tag for the post in order to group similar blog posts together.
You can configure other settings for a blog post like:
- Comments – Checking the “Allow Comments” option will allow users to add comments to the post.
- Post Permalink – You can edit/customize the URL of the blog post with your own keywords.
- Preview – This will allow you to see how the post will be displayed on the blog before actually publishing it.
- Save Draft – This option helps you to save the current revision of a blog post, helpful while you are drafting a blog post.
- Allow Pingbacks and Trackbacks – Other websites can set pingbacks or trackbacks to the post published and they will be visible in the comments section.
How to write your first blog post?
Writing your first blog post is simple, just follow the below steps:
- Login to your WordPress dashboard.
- Go to Posts – Add New.
- Write the article title, body, attach images etc.
- Hit the Publish button. Done.
You can also refer to the below screenshots for better understanding: