In WordPress, you can set background image in order to get a great look at your blog. When you place attractive background image, it can create a wow factor among your visitors.
Personally, I always prefer to have to plain background mostly a white color background which doesn’t distract the visitor – so that the page can present what really the visitor wants.
I mean, keep it simple.
However, I am not against background images, in fact, adding a background image can quickly improve your blog design or look & feel.
In this article, I will take you through the steps to set a background image for your WordPress blog.
Method #1: Setting a background image throughout the blog (all posts/pages etc.)
You can have a single background image that will be visible throughout your blog on every page, every posts etc. By doing so maintains a uniformity in your blog design.
Most of the latest WordPress themes have the option to setup a background image.
When your WordPress theme doesn’t support then for sure its time to change your theme.
Okay, let’s get into the steps:
- Install the full background manager plugin
- Once installed, go to Appearance > Background
- It takes you to the customize page where you can find the option “Background Image”, click on it.
- Now click on Select Image as follows and pick a background image.
- Once you picked an image, you can customize the various options as shown below:
- Select the image placement type: full screen, fit to screen, repeat etc.
- Pick the position of the background image (you can leave it to take the default value ie., top left corner)
- Choose the image size (full size or only what it fits the screen)
- You leave the remaining options to take the default value (in case if you don’t want the image to scroll when you move the page up or down then you can uncheck the option “Scroll with Page”.
- Finally, don’t forget to Save & Publish.
Now browse through your blog, you can see the background image setup on every page (including home page), blog posts etc.
Method #2: Show background image to only one specific page/post
By following the method #1, you can setup background image throughout the blog.
However, there may be a situation where you may want to add background image to a specific page or blog post only. If that is the case, you can simply follow the below steps:
- You don’t need to install any plugins.
- Go to Appearance > Editor
- This is the place where you can find your theme’s source code
- Just locate the stylesheet file of your theme (usually named as style.css)
- Add the below lines of code to it:
background-image: url(‘path to the background image’);
- Make sure you replace the X with page/post id (refer, how to find page/post Id?) and also, the URL under single quotes.
Now clear the web browser’s history & cache – reload the page – done.
You can see the background image which appears only on that specific page.
Hope you are able to setup a background image on your WordPress blog using the methods as described above.
Please let me know, in case if you face any issues or how else you added a background image – it may help others too.