As a WordPress beginner, you are setup with your brand new WordPress site.
Now you want to login to the dashboard and begin your blogging journey.
I very well remember the day, when I first installed WordPress, I was not sure, how to access the admin panel or the dashboard area. It happens to every WordPress beginner, you and I are not an exception.
In this article, I will take you through the steps to login to your WordPress dashboard.
If you are a beginner and starting up with your brand new blog – First of all, Good luck to you!
Congratulations on your WordPress journey!
Logging to your WordPress admin or dashboard area is really simple.
- First, visit the link: www.example.com/wp-admin/
- You will be taken to the below login page as shown in the screenshot:
- Enter your username and password (you might have already given this details while installing WordPress from your web hosting account).
- Click Login.
- Done, now you will be taken to the WordPress dashboard.
The below screenshot shows a sample WordPress dashboard:
Few other ways to access the login page of WordPress dashboard.
You can also follow the below links in order to access the login page.
In case, if you installed WordPress in a sub-directory (for example, under the sub-directory ‘blog’) then follow the below links:
For easy accessibility, you can bookmark the login page link in your web browser, press Ctrl+D to create a bookmark in your web browser.
How to login into WordPress directly from sidebar?
In case, if you are not comfortable to access the login page using the above-mentioned links then you can also use a login widget.
- Login to your WordPress dashboard.
- Go to Plugins – Add New.
- Search for “sidebar login”.
- Click Install Now and then Activate the Sidebar Login plugin.
- Once installed, go to Appearance – Widget.
- Locate the Sidebar Login widget, drag-and-drop it to the sidebar as shown in the screenshot:
Now visit your blog, you can see the login panel appearing on the sidebar.
Just enter the username, password and click Login.
The easiest way to access the login page is using a bookmarked link to www.example.com/login/. Using sidebar login plugin, you can show the login form at sidebar, it may add little overhead to your blog as it will be shown on every page/post on your blog.
For a beginner like you, I hope this article helped you to easily access and login to the WordPress dashboard.
Again, good luck with your brand new WordPress blog.