The entire web is interlinked by URL’s. When it comes to blogging, your content has to stand out from the rest of the world. This shows that you are an expert in the market.
See Wikipedia, how the content is organized in it?
You will be seeing a lot of links and every key term or keyword is interlinked to each other. This provides a great way for us to find or learn about “everything related” to it.
Hence, all the related pages in Wikipedia are highly interlinked together. That’s one of the major reason Wikipedia had become the single-spot for any information.
If you are blogging on a specific topic then you can also make such an informative blog, by linking all the relevant or related content together. However, when you are blogging about a broader topic, you may find it difficult.
Hence, it is always good to be focused on your blog topic.
In BlashO, I always want to be focused on what I want from this blog and hence I will try to stay inside the topic. I made a slogan like Create – Grow – Blog. I always keep this in mind while producing great content here.
This helps me to be focused, most of the time.
This helps me to interlink related blog posts together and I find it easy too.
Okay, let’s see how you can easily interlink all your blog post? especially, if you are using a WordPress blog.
Yet Another Related Post Plugin.
One of the best-related post plugin available free from the WordPress directory. Almost, every blog uses such a plugin to show related content.
Further, you can also define the level of Relatedness that means it shows only blog posts which are all closed related. You can also add custom CSS and customize the design of it.
I use YARPP with the below settings:
- I embedded the posts manually using their API related_posts() in order to keep it immediately below the post content (you can place this related_posts() API under the call the_content() in your Single.PHP file)
- You can also add custom tags before and after each related link.
This also helps to increase your page views to a great extent and makes the visitor stay on the blog for a longer duration (in BlashO 2.5+ Minutes).
SEO Smart Links Plugin.
SEO smart link is made for interlinking blog posts without editing any blog posts.
It works in 2 different modes:
- Automatic Keywords Interlinking, where you can configure the number of different links, the number of same links per page. You can also configure, how it can find related posts: using keywords, using URL/Slug, using categories, using tags etc.
- However in BlashO, I am using it with custom keyword mode only because I don’t want to lose control on it, by allowing automatic keyword finding.
- Custom Keywords Interlinking, where you can specify keywords and corresponding blog post to link. This plugin automatically links all the occurrence of that specific keyword with the given blog post. Hence, this helps to instantly improve your blog’s link structure.
You can also watch the below video on how to use this plugin.
WP-Popular Posts Plugin.
This plugin helps you to quickly link to all those popular blog posts in your blog.
I use it to show top commented blog posts, this helps to show that user engagement is happening on the blog. In BlashO, I used to get very few comments only and hence this plugin helps to bring out those most discussed topics out.
Apart from top commented, you can also show top viewed blog posts.
Hence, you can bring out those engaging blog posts and link them throughout the blog from the sidebar.
“Visualizing Method” of InterLinking Blog Post.
With all the above mentioned WordPress plugins, you can easily interlink all your pages without much hard work.
However, it is always the best practice to manually link blog posts appropriately in a human readable manner.
That means you have to contextually link to related content using your common sense.
- By visualizing the link structure, you can easily identify what are all the topics you have covered in-depth and what you have not covered?
- You can easily fill those gaps by covering on those untouched topics.
Similarly, at certain places you may discuss a topic in short – hence you can link to a detailed blog post for further reading. This helps the reader to read a lot more related content.
It highly optimizes the link structure of your blog for search engines like Google.
When you continuously interlink blog posts over-a-period of time, your blog will become a one-stop resource on that topic.
Your readers will find more content in your blog and they love to read more every time.
When you interlink blog posts, you are automatically optimizing your blog post for Google as well as for readers.
- It naturally improves page views in your blog.
- It naturally optimizes your blog posts for SEO.
Overall, your reader finds required/related articles easily and also, helps to get more blog traffic from search engines.