The Google’s webmaster guidelines contain a lot of information that bloggers should keep in mind. Especially, it speaks on the link schemes related to the positive ways of building quality links to your site.
Looking shortcuts to create backlinks is the most common way (mistake) for webmasters to promote their site.
So if you are a person looking to build back links for your site then you must pay attention to the below points which are directly recommended by Google.
- Get Involved in a community around your topic.
- Have interaction with other related blogs and forums.
- Contribute in a positive way and don’t just spam. Instead, try to add value to the conversation.
- This way, you grab attention in the community and people visits your site.
- Moreover, your site should have quality and compelling content which attracts the incoming visitors.
- When they see your content which solves their problem, they will link/share with others. This way, link building happens naturally.
- Also, Google suggests submitting your site to human edited Directory services. They also recommend submitting your site to directories which are closely related to your topic.
Finally, Google recommends the following:
- Write comments on blogs in your topic leaving your sites URL.
- Write replies in Forums (add your site link as the signature).
- Submit to human edited related directories.
- Interact in a useful way.
Few examples of quality content, they are referring like:
- Content which solves the visitors problem and gives multiple solutions.
- A practical tutorial on a topic.
- Video explaining/helping to solve a problem.
- Humorous content, which makes everyone laughter etc.
At the same time, Google warns about strategies which are not recommended to promote your site.
- You should not involve in spamming and short-lived methods to build backlinks.
- You should not buy Pagerank passing Links.
- You should not involve in random link exchange techniques.
The statement severely warns like:
If your site’s visibility in the Google index is important to you it’s best to avoid them.
This means, if you involve in any of these unrecommended ways, your site will be removed from Google Index!
So look what methods you are using to promote your site now. Tweak it based on Googles recommendation and for sure your site catches the top most position in Google SERP for your favorite keywords soon!
Here is the article which speaks about Quality links to your site.