WordPress blogs are flexible enough to do anything right from publishing great content and in generating revenue as a business. Because of its open source nature, you could customize the wordpress CMS according to your needs. Basically, the themes and plugins are more helpful to web masters which are easy to customize and make them to use according to our business needs. When combined with your own power of blogging, you could create million dollar web sites using wordpress.
WordPress blogs are even more flexible that you could create membership sites.
Yes, your existing information rich blog can be easily converted to membership based site. The end result, your resources are restricted to public, people has to join and pay so that they could get access to your blog content.
This is one of the interesting revenue model, where you release a portion of content as free and giving access to full content only for registered users.
I searched the plugin directory and found few of the wordpress plugins which helps you to create membership wordpress blogs instantly.
Free WP-Membership Plugin
An easy to use wordpress plugin which instantly restricts the access of your blog post and pages.
- You could set different access levels you each of your pages, posts.
- It has the option to restrict the access to categories and tags.
- You could create levels basically, groups where certain people will get access to your blog content and the public won’t get access.
It has the option to integrate payment gateways as well like Google Checkout, Paypal etc. (not sure it is active now)
- More information on WP-Membership.
Membership WordPress Plugin
Yet another membership plugin which is available as free version as well as pro version. It has the capability to turn your wordpress blog into a complete membership website.
- It has option to create membership levels and based on your configuration it provides access to your content, downloads, comments, Categories, Galleries etc.
- The free version has 2 levels of membership access where you could configure what to restrict to public users.
- It works with wordpress multi-site system too.
The pro-version of this membership plugin has:
- unlimited membership levels
- unlimited subscriber levels
- compatible with Buddypress system.
Another great plugin which is the best FREE plugin to create membership sites. It enables registration to view full content and makes people to register on-page (that means, it doesn’t goes to the wp-admin registration form).
- This plugin allows you to configure each of the blog posts, pages to restrict access that to control at individual post/page level.
- You could quickly add a sidebar login widget (don’t need to show the ugly wp-admin registration form).
- You could individually approve each of the registered members or hold them from approval.
- You could close the registration process, if you want to stop members registering to your site.
- It restricts content however, shows excerpt of posts/pages for the purpose of SEO.
- It has CAPTCHA support to avoid spam members registration.
This is a perfect wordpress plugin for membership sites – more information on WP-members.
Few other membership wordpress plugins:
Hope these plugins are helpful to setup a member ship based wordpress site.
Please share below and help others – How do you setup membership sites ?