Recently, i see like many of the blogger’s are using BuySellAds to rent their Ad space. And i was more curious to make a try. To mention, i am blogging for the past 1.5 years here and never seriously thought about making money from this blog (even though my topic is “online business”).
Also, i started producing more useful content from the past month onwards and the blog traffic started growing like anything. Interestingly, Alexa rank climbed up from 5K to 2K and almost getting ~150 visitors per day. So i tried to start with buysellads and applied with this blog.
Got disapproved/rejected, saying the following message:
Approval Status: emoneymakingonline.com
Hi, thanks for your interest in selling ads with BuySellAds.com, unfortunately we are not able to approve your site at this time.
We are aware that a general email like this does not help you understand *exactly* why your site was denied. We are currently receiving anywhere from 50-75 new websites submitted per day, and a personal and exact reply for each is not possible at this time. We sincerely apologize for this, and we’re working on a better way to handle site approvals. If you would like some more info on why your site was denied please reply to this email directly and we will let you know.
Here are some common reasons why we do not approve a site:
* Greater than 100K impressions per month (for new sites, if you (or your team) have a history of creating really nice websites we will accept you)
* Your website must be live, finished, and have fresh content.
* No porn, anything illegal, or containing even remotely “questionable” content.
* We do accept non-english sites, but they need to have high traffic.
* If you have a ton of untargeted ads on your site already, we’re not going to approve you (you know who you are).
* If you do not have your own domain (i.e. you have a *.blogspot.com url) we will not approve you.
* Getting denied does not mean that we will not approve you at a future date.
Thanks for your interest.
As mentioned earlier, i see like many bloggers are using buysellads to sell advertising space. I was more curious to try it out in my blog as a first step of monetization. I well know that the traffic that i am getting now is less (in terms of alexa ranking) as well as the Google pagerank (PR1 currently) and
number of RSS subscribers. Because these are asic ranking /measuring parameters in Buysellads.
Your Ad space will be sold based on these parameters.
- Alexa Ranking
- Google PR
- Number of RSS Subscribers
- Incoming Links based on Google
- Incoming Links based on Yahoo
- Number of Twitter Followers
- Number of Delicious Bookmarks
- Compete Rank etc.
Simply saying, if you are able to get better position in each of these parameters, you could easily get approved as well as you could sell ad space for higher rates. If you are a beginner blogger or running a low traffic blog then you will get rejected like me.
- In my case, Alexa ranking is less and it tells clearly that the monthly impressions in less than 100K. This could be one of the reason my blog got rejected by Buysellads.
What To Do Next ?
As mentioned earlier, i am not more serious about monetizing my blog now. But to help for those who got disapproved from buysellads, you could try other alternatives.
I have complied a List of sites to sell private ads which may redirect you to few more similar options. Have a try on them. But keep in mind that, unless you have enough traffic, its waste of time to try all these sites for lending ad space. Instead, you could sell directly the ad space from your site by offering/showing the available ad spaces and integrating a Paypal Buy now button to receive payments from your advertisers.
This way, if anyone interested to directly advertise on your site they will do. Its true that selling ad space is tough especially with low traffic blogs.
- Buysellads is not the only way to monetize your blog. Better try different ways, don’t worry, i have a list of 50+ money making programs here which may help you with variety of options (it has no affiliate links).
Lets work for increasing blog traffic, income automatically rolls in !