Affiliate marketing is one of the best ways to make money from the internet for an Individual. Many of the successful bloggers are driven by their affiliate income only. The key secret of affiliate marketing: All they drive huge traffic to their blog and then show the products they personal use or love, rather than showing just a product and asking someone to buy.
Without SEO, is it possible to do affiliate marketing?
When you have a blog and you’re able to drive a decent amount of traffic then you can make good money even if you convert 0.5% of the traffic into an affiliate sale.
However, the million dollar question for a beginner is that how to drive huge traffic to my blog? and how do I get a lot more affiliate sale?
The answer is simple, all you have to show a related product to the related people in a problematic context. Naturally, you will make affiliate sales.
At the same time, if you are able to drive “free” traffic from Google or other search engines then you can keep 100% profit. There comes SEO, one of the dynamic technology always overlooked by the marketers.
With the frequent Google algorithm changes in place, relying only on SEO for driving traffic is always risky. You could not predict, when you will lose your blog traffic? and what changes caused a traffic drop from Google?
No traffic = No sales.
Hence, the whole process of affiliate income is relying on traffic – that’s fine. The only point to note down is, you should not dependent only on SEO or Google traffic.
The answer is, Yes.
You can do affiliate marketing without SEO.
Now, tell me what are the non-SEO methods?
The idea is to find the alternate sources of traffic and show your affiliate link (the product).
If you see many of the social media websites like facebook, twitter – posting affiliate links is considered as Spamming.
Yes, you can check the Twitter rules which clearly states the following:
Spam: You may not use the Twitter service for the purpose of spamming anyone. What constitutes “spamming” will evolve as we respond to new tricks and tactics by spammers. Some of the factors that we take into account when determining what conduct is considered to be spamming are:
If you post misleading links (e.g. affiliate links, links to malware/click jacking pages, etc.);
Similarly, facebook also won’t allow you to place affiliate links from networks like Clickbank and it’s considered as link spamming.
The best method to post affiliate links on facebook, twitter:
- create a facebook fan page, related to your affiliate product
- drive lot more fans/Like to the page (you have to use facebook Ads, don’t buy Likes from any other service)
- Create a blog based on WordPress and create only one landing page. Showcase the affiliate product on that single landing page. You can add product images, videos – keep it minimal and embed buttons which are pointing to your affiliate link.
- Periodically post your blog on your fan page along with other relevant/useful shares (usually from other relevant sites/blogs).
- This way, your fans will be engaged with useful content as well as they will periodically find your landing page where you have embedded the affiliate link as a button.
- Note: You can try WordPress Landing Page Plugin and create “free” landing pages. Or simply, visit Themeforest and search for “landing page WordPress themes”.
#2 – Always build an E-Mail list and create an auto-responder.
The greatest advantage of E-Mail list is that you can keep hold of visitors as long as they are interested in your conversation/topic.
Using Aweber, you can easily create E-Mail capture forms or separate capture pages. All you have to send visitors to these forms and make them fill it. You can use the same landing page with an E-Mail capture form embedded in it.
You can set up a series of automatic E-Mails.
- For example, if you want to promote a weight loss affiliate product. You can set up an E-Mail series like “How to lose weight in 15 days” or “Learn the perfect diet plan in 7 Days”.
- At the end of your series, you can introduce the affiliate product as the best solution to their problems.
The key thing is, your E-Mail series should “build trust” with the readers. You can learn how to monetize your E-Mail subscribers? and what are all the different methods to create an auto-responder series?
Once you built trust, you can easily promote an affiliate product and chances of getting more sale from your E-Mail subscribers that too without using any SEO techniques.
#3 – How do you spread your affiliate link by blog comments?
Blog comments are a powerful way to promote an affiliate product. All you have to find relevant blogs which are related to your affiliate product. You have to post comments naturally participating in the conversions.
- I know, none of the blog will allow you to post affiliate link.
- However, you can do a little trick by iframing affiliate links, see the help here.
- Or take a look at the below help video:
- You can follow the same technique to create iframe affiliate pages and use those links while leaving comments on blogs. This way, the bloggers can’t really find out that you have left an affiliate link in your comment.
- The key thing is, you have to write a comment on pages which are highly related to your affiliate product + add valuable points in your comments.
These are few of the non-SEO methods of affiliate marketing that I am aware of. By following these methods, you can very well drive traffic to your landing page or even directly to your affiliate links.
All you have to make sure that you are promoting an affiliate product in front of the right audience.
No SEO, forget search engines, do affiliate marketing, make money and enjoy!