WordPress has multiple user roles. Each user role has certain rights on what they can do or not do on the blog. The Administrator is one such user role who has the maximum privileges on the WordPress blog.
The administrator has every right than any other role on the WordPress blog.
A person who has the role of Administrator in a WordPress blog can do the following activities, as an example:
- Create, edit, delete and control Users
- Create or manage other Administrators
- Setup and configure all WordPress settings
- Install, setup and uninstall WordPress plugins
- Install, setup and uninstall WordPress themes
- Import or export content into the WordPress blog
- Edit the Dashboard and control the user access to it
- Manage all the blog posts, blog categories, blog tags, blog pages etc.
- Manage user comments like approval, deletion, edit, spam comment filtration etc.
- Install the WordPress Core updates, WordPress plugin updates, WordPress theme updates
In short, WordPress administration is the owner of the blog who can do anything from the WordPress dashboard.