Good that you are looking sites for writing articles and to earn money from that work. That’s a great idea too ! Because, writing and publishing articles is a fun and challenging job that even I love too. But that depends on individual interest and abilities. It is really tough to survey now-a-days for writers because of the dynamics of the search industry that most of the writers are gone away. However, when you are really passionate about writing and your topic of interest can drive you to succeed. Okay, lets come to the topic.
In general, there are 3 reasons for writing articles on article writing sites.
- To promote a product or business online.
- To gain back links to your site or blog.
- And, to earn money for writing articles.
Now our focus is towards the 3rd reason. There are various sites where you could publish your articles and earn money from that. The source of income could be either based on the traffic drive or its purely revenue sharing or via promoting your affiliate link.
Lets see 10 such famous sites where you could write articles and earn money.
- Squidoo – (note: Squidoo is now part of Hubpages) The well known famous article publishing platform. They call each of the published page as “Lens”. Squidoo has variety of topics covered and you have the full freedom to manage and write your content same like your own website. The advantage is that you could connect with other squidoo users. There are millions of squidoo users who are making fun out of creating lenses. It has more than 1000K+ lenses published. You can also signup for Google Adsense and get a percentage of adsense income from squidoo. Apart from that you could get a share for Amazon products sold and much more. Refer to the Getting Started page for detailed information on Squidoo.
- Hubpages – The alternate site to Squidoo and it is also the most famous article writing site. I have used hubpages and found its too fun. It’s easy and simple to create well formatted content. Hubpages can drive more traffic especially from search engines and also, you can get connect with fellow writers. You can also make decent income from this site. It shares you Google Adsense income, its quite simple to integrate your Adsense account into hubpages or you can also apply for one account from Hubpages. Apart from Adsense, you can also use Amazon, eBay Affiliate programs on hubpages and you will earn a percentage of income from hubpages. I used it along with Amazon associates and made little success. Just refer their FAQ for more information on Hubpages.
- Xomba – An instant article, opinion, news or anything from short to long you can post on Xomba. Posts are called Xombytes. It’s again Google Adsense based reveneue sharing site. Generally, xomba is used to create quick back links and to drive quick traffic to your own blogs but you could make some extra income by joining Xomba. The advantage is that you can write short posts on xomba, especially for Lazy people 🙂 Check their FAQ page for more information.
- Flixya – A good site to share everything from writing articles, sharing videos and images. The best thing is that you will be paid 100% revenue that you make out of your pages or videos or images (note: looks like they have dropped the revenue program recently). Not only your writing skills, you could organize your own videos and images on Flixya. It’s more fun to work with Flixya because you could manage your personal videos and images also not just articles. You can create a cool profile, make friends, share content with each other just like any other social network. Register with Flixya here for free.
- Bukisa – A site to share your knowledge and earn money for that based on the traffic you gained. Publish articles on Bukisa, drive traffic and get earn money for every 1000 hits your page makes. You will be paid a fixed amount for every 1000 hits and more traffic you generate, you will earn more. (note:looks Buksia is no longer a revenue sharing program).
- Triond – Yet another site with active 50% revenue sharing program. All you have to submit original content to Triond, their team reviews and publishes on their own network based on the topic. You can see how it works.
- Envanto – One of the largest network of digital products and content network made for developers, now offering a way for writers also. You can register free, create a profile in Envanto studio and get paid when hired for projects.
You can also Sign up for Real Writing Jobs program, get access to huge writing job database and start making decent cash.
Conclusion on Writing Articles for Money.
It’s a good idea to write articles for any of these sites to earn money.
BUT you can do all these only for gaining some extra income and you could not really make huge income from this type of work. These kind of web sites are generally used to market and promote business web sites or blogs.
- I strongly recommend you to start your own self hosted blog, write for your blog and attain success for the long term. You can refer to my step-by-step guide to create your own blog.
- Or if you are really passionate about writing, you can consider joining freelancing web sites – build your profile – write for others – get paid and attain long term success.
That’s a better approach, I could suggest !
Here is a nice infographic (on how to find writing jobs) published by freelancewriting. I hope it will be useful to you.
image: brice @ flickrDid you find this blog post useful? Please Share it !