First off, this isn’t a post about getting rich quick, or making money from not doing a great deal of work. However, I would like to discuss a few ways in which you can really make money whilst working around your daily commitments. The real joy of doing this is being able to earn extra cash; be that your sole income, or trying to bring in a few extra bits of money around your day job. The choice is yours and it’s all down to how much effort you are willing to put in.
There are a lot more ways to make money whilst working at home, but the ideas I’ve mentioned here highlight a few of the things that I believe anyone with a home PC can achieve.
#1 – Blogging !
Setting up your own blog can be great fun, especially if it’s related to a subject that you feel passionate about. Making money from blogging is no quick fix; however once you have built up your blog to attract a substantial amount of readers, then you can start to think about ways to produce money from your efforts.
There are many options available to bloggers; advertising and affiliate deals are probably two of the most popular money generating ideas.
- The idea here is that your readership is of value to other related businesses, so your advertising or editorial space will certainly be appreciated by anyone marketing their products online.
Blogs are now very easy to set up, even for people with little or no experience in web design. So, what are you waiting for?
#2 – Writing Content For Others !
The internet is a place that relies on content. More and more emphasis is being put on websites being able to deliver fresh and good quality content to their users. Producing this content can often be quite a laborious and time consuming task, meaning that many webmasters like to outsource this work to other people.
The best way to get started here is to decide what it is you can offer. Is there a particular topic that you feel you can write about? Or do you see yourself as adaptable being able to write on almost any topic?
Once you’ve sussed this out, try setting out on a “Research Mission”.
- Take a look at loads of different websites and see if you could offer anything new in terms of content.
- Get yourself onto twitter and become active in web development circles, there are lots of webmasters out there looking for people like you…so go and find them!
- You could also try using sites such as Elance.com and advertise your services there.
#3 – Selling on EBay !
The idea of making money from EBay has been around for quite some time, but I think there is still money to be made if you have a clever angle. Just by doing a quick search on Google, you’ll find many stories about people who have made substantial amounts from selling on EBay. The trick, as with any market place, is to try and find something different.
Spend a good amount of time trawling through EBay listings and EBay shops to see if there’s anything you feel you could offer that’s not already there.
This might be quite tricky, but if you can find a good “Unique Product Line” then you’re going to do well.
- If you can’t find anything 100% unique, then try thinking about ways you could offer what’s already there in a different way. Can you improve on service, or price?
- Remember, the right product at the right price should always sell.
Hopefully this post will give you a little inspiration, if you have any questions please feel free to leave them in the comments section and I’ll do my best to answer them.