Technology is rapidly changing. Sales originally started out on the high street, but with the increase of broadband availability sales started moving over to the internet. Many companies nowadays have an eCommerce store is some shape or another. The next logical step in retail has just come forward, this is Mobile eCommerce. Basically this allows smart phone users to download an app from their respective mobile store and make purchases through it. This technology is incredibly new and there are many larger retailers that have yet to jump upon this bandwagon. I really do suggest that you get in there early before this market becomes over-saturated, it will give your shop much more prominence.
Mobile Commerce is simple. Whilst you can browse through websites on the go using the internet browser of your system it is hardly ideal, after all the screens were not designed for viewing websites, especially those that have a lot of content like a shopping portal. The simplest way is to offer an app which is designed around the mobile, therefore increasing ease of use. A new type of software called Mob eCommerce will do this for you; although before I discuss this I will mention a few of the benefits that mobile eCommerce can bring to your company.
An increase in brand awareness. Once your app has been downloaded it will appear on the screen of your customer whenever they are using their smartphone. This will increase awareness of your brand, and therefore they will be much more likely to purchase from you.
- It gives another avenue of sales, which obviously cannot hurt your business. Especially since it is easily integrated into your standard systems, therefore requires next to no effort on your part but comes with a potential boost in company turnover.
- Increases the reputation of your company. In the early days of the internet you were much more likely to use a eCommerce store that also had a high street presence, this was to help combat potential fraud. Now you are much more likely to purchase from an eCommerce Store that has its own app.
- Ease of use for your customer. The app enables the customer to easily browse your product range without having to constantly zoom in to view small bits of text or to click tiny little links.
You may think that all of these benefits will come at great cost to your business. You will be pleasantly surprised how simple and cost effective it is to integrate. In the past you would have had to employ an expensive freelancer who would have spent an age designing your Mobile eCommerce site, however a new piece of software removes all the high costs of getting a new application coded. Mob eCommerce has already been developed and therefore just needs your company branding and product range added to it before it can be added to the relevant app store. As you will not need software programmed the cost is greatly reduced. This enables smaller businesses to offer something that was previously only within the reach of companies that had large turnover. So what are the benefits of Mob eCommerce?
- It’s quick to deploy. Therefore you will have your company on the app store much quicker than you would have thought possible.
- It is compatible with all types of eCommerce system out there, whether you are using Magento or your own custom designed solution.
- Your product range and customers are seamlessly integrated. In fact if a customer registers on your eCommerce site they will instantly have an account on your mobile website. In addition to this any changes that have been made between your products will also be instantly reflected in the application.
- As the software has been tried and tested it is incredibly stable. Any bugs will have been long ironed out before you deploy the app.
- Analytics Support comes as standard, find out what is working for your business and what isn’t working.
Deploying Mobile eCommerce is the next logical step for any business, and I only can predict that it will get much bigger in the future. Jump on the bandwagon before anybody else does and you will be able to really reap the benefits.